Don’t forget your free tongue cleaner!
As you might know ProFresh is celebrating National Fresh Breath Day all August long, and we’re giving out presents! Keep bad breath at bay with a free ProFresh Tongue Cleaner. Tongue cleaning is one of the easiest and most effective ways to fight halitosis and plaque.
What does a tongue cleaner do?
Using a tongue cleaner removes a nasty coating of “biofilm” from the mouth. Biofilm is that white stuff we see on our tongues, and one of the leading causes of bad breath. It may look harmless but it’s actually a collection of oral debris that’s made up of, dead skin cells and blood cells, carbohydrates, sugars, and other digestible bacterial matter. And not only does it cause bad breath, but also causes plaque levels in the mouth to skyrocket. Don’t fear though, tongue cleaning twice a day before brushing can seriously reduce your levels of biofilm, leaving your mouth clean and breath fresh.
5 Tongue Cleaning Tips
- Gently clean your tongue twice-a-day, BEFORE brushing. Start from the back and pull forward. This ensures that the film won’t be spread to other areas of the mouth while you brush.
- Reach the furthest part of your tongue that you can without making yourself gag. A lot of biofilm likes to sit on the back of the tongue where normal brushing doesn’t reach.
- Use an activated mouth rinse like ProFresh before you clean your tongue. ProFresh kills any anaerobic bacteria and organic matter present in the mouth. Using ProFresh rinse before your tongue cleaner ensures that you are sweeping away all of the bad breath causing debris in your mouth.
- Replace your tongue cleaner every 2-3 months. Just like your toothbrush, eventually tongue cleaners need to be replaced. Always use a new tongue cleaner if you’ve just been sick.
- If you lose your free tongue cleaner, or you forget it at home, try using a spoon to remove biofilm.
Haven’t gotten your tongue cleaner yet?
Follow the link to our Facebook page. From there you will find instructions about how to get your tongue cleaner shipped to your door. Here’s wishing everyone a very happy National Fresh Breath Day, breathe easy and smile! ProFresh Facebook Giveaway: http://goo.gl/ADRcWu
About National Fresh Breath Day – Aug. 6th
“National Fresh Breath Day” was created by dentists and oral care professionals, to raise awareness that breath is an important part of overall health and wellness. National Fresh Breath Day reminds us to keep our breath fresh by eliminating bacteria, reducing the risk of Gingivitis, Periodontal Disease, and of course, Halitosis. On August 6th take the opportunity to refresh your oral care routine, and remind your friends and family of the importance of breath health. Visit ProFresh.com for more information about the best practices for your oral care.