There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to log in to an online account and getting a password error. These days people have so many passwords that it can be challenging for us to keep them all straight. The moment we think we have a handle on all of our passwords, new standards and regulations come along that require us to change our existing passwords to be more secure by adding more characters, a symbol, etc.
Relax…We’ve Got You Covered
It’s enough to make your crazy! However, these best practices are designed for your protection and help ensure that your personal and vital information stay secure. ProFresh account passwords adhere to the latest recommendations from the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The PCI DSS guidelines ensure that all companies that deal with credit card information maintain appropriate security to protect your vital information. So when you set up an account with ProFresh online, you can rest assured that your account information is secure.
Why Bother With An Account?
Having an account with ProFresh makes shopping with us more convenient by reducing the amount of information you need to type at check out. We will keep your shipping and billing information, phone number and email on file. For security reasons, we do not store all of your credit card details.
Existing ProFresh Online Accounts
If you are a longtime ProFresh user and you have an online account, your password may not comply with the new security requirements. We suggest that you update your password (but do not require it). To change your password log-in and go to Update Your Account, then click on Change Password.
2 Things to Remember If You Encounter Password Problems:
1. Our Guest Checkout Option: You always have the option to checkout as a guest.
2. Our Operators Are Standing By: Our customer service reps are available 24 hours a day to take your order. Just dial: 1-800-210-2110 (Customer service cannot help with password issues.)
Best Practices for Online Passwords
Now let’s get to those pesky requirements… Our latest password requirements are as follows:
- Must contain at least 8 characters
- At least 1 letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character (%, $, &, etc.)
And while we are on the subject of passwords… a few things to know about usernames:
- Your ProFresh username is case sensitive.
- In our system, your email (entered at ordering) will become your username by default.
- Because of the strict PCI rules we adhere to, your username (email) cannot change. If you change email addresses and would like to change your username, we suggest that you simply set-up a new account.
If you forget your password, use our “Forgot Password” function to reset it.
- We will send a temporary password to your email address on file. It must be used within 20 minutes or it will expire.
- You will need this temporary password to reset your password. Therefore we suggest that you establish a new password within the same session.
At ProFresh we strive to deliver the best in online security. We appreciate your patience with this change in password requirements so that we may provide the utmost protection for your personal information.